Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge off dispute

tag
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

charge off dispute

I disputed some charge offs, all synchrony bank. They removed the charge off amount and most of the late payments. Why would they do that. It's not going to help.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: charge off dispute

They may have sold them to a CA?

What was the basis for disputing them?

Message 2 of 5
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

They were sold to midland and PRA months ago. I wanted to verify the chargeoff amount. And just removed it completely.
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If your dispute was only of the accuracy of the reported amount that they charged-off, then resolution of the dispute would only have extended to verification, correction, or deletion of that item of information.

The removal of the disputed information could have come about in two ways.

First, the creditor may, after being forwarded the dispute by the CRA, have simply reported deletion of that information, thus rendering any determintion of its accuracy moot by the CRA.  In that event, the Notice of Results from the CRA should have stated that the dispute was dismissed based on deltion of the disputed information.

Second, the creditor may not have verified with the CRA, and the CRA may then have deleted the disputed information as being unverified and uncorrrected.  In that event, the Notice of REsults of Reinvestigation should have informed you of that action, and provided a copy of your updated credit report showing that they made the change.

What specificly was the outcome of the dispute that yu received from the CRA?

In eithr event, if the CO itself was not contested, it would remain.

Thus, I would concur that would do you no good as per your credit scoring.  It would remain in you file and continue to be scored.

Your dispute would only have related to the correction of the amount, not the fact that they did a CO.

Message 4 of 5
RESSECUP
Regular Contributor

i was typing from my phone, i left out the part that the actual dispute is still showing pending.  But whats odd is i got an alert from credit Karma stating that these accounts have been deleted, but they are still there.  Which is why i checked

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.