Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get rid of 18 late payments?

tag
hoang817
Regular Contributor

how to get rid of 18 late payments?

hello all,

I have 18 late payments from 2014-2015 on my home mortgage since then iam on time and current ...

is there a way i can get rid of the late payments on my credit report? or i have to wait till they drop? and how long that would be?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Re: how to get rid of 18 late payments?

You could try goodwill letters, but 18 payments late will be unlikely to be deleted. They should fall of after 7 years per late. Search goodwill letters and get examples! Good luck
Message 2 of 3
BeautifulBlueBoy
Established Member

Re: how to get rid of 18 late payments?

Mortgage companies take these lates very seriously.  Doubtful that they will provide you any good will.....especially for 18.  You have about 6 years and 8 months and they will begin to fall off.  

If you're willing to take a little time and spend a few stamps....give it a try.  Write a heartfelt letter, explain what happened and how you've moved forward.  Ask for forgiveness.  Even if they remove one or two....it's better than zilch.

I'm sorry for the circumstances that led to your falling behind.  I get it 100%.  I had a BUNCH during the housing crisis of 2010/2011.  Mine are beginning to fall off, with the last of him next June 2018.  It's a waiting game, for sure.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.