Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i got my credit report and acc reaged my account---- HELP

tag
LADYBUG7788
Valued Member

i got my credit report and acc reaged my account---- HELP

i got my credit report yesterday from equifax -- and i have an collection on it from acc/ american credit collections its for an old bill from penn foster.

i looked at date of first delinquincey and it said 2/2010- LIE     i know for a fact it was from 2008,also got a letter from there in house council stating this

Dear xxxxxx,

please be advised that i currently serve as in house councel to american credit collections.

i am contacting you in connection with the above refernce debt. the above debt has been

assigned to american credit collections which allows them to persue collection of same.

this debt has been previously validated by americam credit   ( HUGE LIE)

while prior attempts to contact you has been  unsuccessful ,i am making one final attempt

to reolve this matter

please contact john xxxxx

this is an attempt to collect a debt  blah blah

sincerly robert cohen in house council

where did they get they validated this with me, i never asked nor contacted them and this is the first attempt to get ahold of me

HOW CAN THEY JUST REAGED IT IN THE CREDIT BUREAU?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: i got my credit report and acc reaged my account---- HELP

@LADYBUG7788 wrote:

i got my credit report yesterday from equifax -- and i have an collection on it from acc/ american credit collections its for an old bill from penn foster.

i looked at date of first delinquincey and it said 2/2010- LIE     i know for a fact it was from 2008,also got a letter from there in house council stating this

Dear xxxxxx,

please be advised that i currently serve as in house councel to american credit collections.

i am contacting you in connection with the above refernce debt. the above debt has been

assigned to american credit collections which allows them to persue collection of same.

this debt has been previously validated by americam credit   ( HUGE LIE)

while prior attempts to contact you has been  unsuccessful ,i am making one final attempt

to reolve this matter

please contact john xxxxx

this is an attempt to collect a debt  blah blah

sincerly robert cohen in house council

where did they get they validated this with me, i never asked nor contacted them and this is the first attempt to get ahold of me

HOW CAN THEY JUST REAGED IT IN THE CREDIT BUREAU?

They didn't validate from you, they validated with original creditor. How much is the debt? can you repay at all? Is it out of SOL (by original DOFD, not their bull**bleep** date)

If its out of SOL I would contact them via certified letter stating flat out that you are disputing it because they have ILLEGALLY attemped to re-age an account that went into default in 2008, and if it is not corrected on your credit report you will bring suit under applicable federal law. Until its corrected I would not consider any sort of settlement.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: i got my credit report and acc reaged my account---- HELP

I would caution at this point against asserting illeglity on their part.

The issue is whether the newly reported DOFD is accurate.

Illegaity would occur if they changed the DOFD with actual knowlege that the new date was inaccurate.

Reporting of DOFD is, under FCRA 623(a)(5), based on information obtained from the OC.

It is possible that they received information from the OC that altered their reporting of the DOFD.

I would simply send s direct dispute along with your evidency of what you believe to be the actual DOFD and get their response before pursuing an assertion of illegality.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.