cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebuilding!! opinions and advice wanted.

tag
rpss4844

rebuilding!! opinions and advice wanted.

I started my rebuilding process a lil over a year ago with scores in the 480-490 range.  i had some successful disputing, 2 PFD request, the rest i took a chance on and paid off and fortunate for me those things are no longer on my report.  im posting a screen shot of what is left and see what people here think. 

As for the Amex acct, i was really amazed that i was ever even appoved for a card.  i applied for a zync acct in nov 2011 with scores less than what they are now.  My acct was closed due to returned payments.  apparently I had a restrictive checking account that wouldnt approve any transaction over $400, which i didnt think applied to using EFT but apparently it did.  I have since left that financial institution and i have recently paid the $664 to Amex, it just hasnt updated yet. I tried re-applying for a differnet amex card before I had i had paid my past balance and all i got for my denial was that " amex had previously closed one of your accounts".  Does this mean that everything else was ok for a new account?  After all, i was approved for a zync with worse scores, no CC history at all in past 4 years or so. What should my next steps be to getting "right' with amex?  sending a GW letter explaining my situation?  phone call to one of the back door #s? any other advice?

My capital one acct is new.  its my first CC in many many years and been paying on time to help rebuild.  i opened it in jan with a $300 limit that increased to $500 after 6 months.  I have pretty much paid this bill in full every month and tend to have a $0 balance, it just so happen that i had a lot of charges on it at the time they reported it in sept.

Santader:  Also a new acct for me.  we really needed a new ride and i have a really really sucky interest rate.  Im hoping that 6 month - 1 year of on time payments in conjuction with paying my CC on time and low balance that i can refi thru my bank or different lender for a lot better rate.

Company Account number Date opened Balance Status Negative Indicator? [?]  
Charge AccountCredit First 8/2004$0Charged off as bad debtThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Credit CardAmerican Express XXXXXXXXXXXX671311/2011$664Charged off as bad debtThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
Credit CardCapital One Bank Usa Na 1/2012$450Paid or paying as agreedNoDetails
Credit CardHsbc Bank 7/2004$0Paid or paying as agreedNoDetails
OtherAaron Rents Inc XXXXXXX76505/2006$0Paid or paying as agreedNoDetails
OtherRegions Bank-Newnan XXXXXXXX210510/2003$0Paid or paying as agreedNoDetails
Vehicle LoanSantander Consumer Usa XXXXXXXXXXXXX10008/2012$21,985Paid or paying as agreedNoDetails

Starting Score: TU 557 EQ 537
Current Score: TU 557 EQ 537
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: rebuilding!! opinions and advice wanted.

According to your FICO report screenshot, the only two baddies are the Amex and Credit First. Since Amex is now paid, send a GW. Do the same for the other. Nothing wrong with calling too. Do both.

Message 2 of 6
wedd
New Visitor

Message 3 of 6
rpss4844

yea, that is what i was thinking.  would a GW to OC or DV thru EQ and TU  be the best?  I paid the debt a while ago and if i were to dispute it then they may not even take the time to validate it since they have their money.

Starting Score: TU 557 EQ 537
Current Score: TU 557 EQ 537
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

More than likely those two will validate.  Try a few GWs and see how that goes.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

GWs only go to whomever reports the account. GW letters don't go to the CRAs (e.g. TU,EQ, EX). DV letters only go to CAs. Amex is an OC, as is the other I believe. I wouldn't dispute if reporting correctly. It'll hamper your odds of a GW success.

I'll also retract what I said about Credit First. It's 8 years old. I don't know how it reports now, but there's a potential for a score drop if removed (basing this on all other accounts in your screenshot).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.