Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing collections

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removing collections

I need help on what to do to get 4 collection accounts off of my credit within 3 months I am buying a home and need help.  I have 2 medical with Central Fin. that are $1032. and $126. another one with Jefferson for $640 another with Asset Accept. for $993 and one with RJM for $1090.00 What is the fastest way to get them deleted off? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: removing collections

All collections are from 2007

Message 2 of 12
apandabear
Regular Contributor

First steps would depend on their status..

Are these paid collections? Or is that their current balance?

What Steps Do I Take? Do I DV? PFD?

If they are unpaid, you might have to pay them, depending on your lender.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay them in full???

Message 4 of 12
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I know RJM is really good about PFDs.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 12
lovinglife201212

I'm loving this forum so far. Can someone please send me the link with the abbreviations for this forum. I'm having a hard time understanding what im reading.

Message 6 of 12
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

+ 1 on RJM and PFDs

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 7 of 12
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

PFD = Pay for Delete.  Essentially, you send a letter to the CA saying that in exchange for payment, they will delete the account.  Do a search for "PFD Letter" for examples.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 8 of 12
lovinglife201212

Thank You so much :-)

Message 9 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@lovinglife201212 wrote:

I'm loving this forum so far. Can someone please send me the link with the abbreviations for this forum. I'm having a hard time understanding what im reading.

Welcome to myFICO. Here is a list of Abbreviations.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.