Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6% apy savings too good to be true?

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

6% apy savings too good to be true?

has anyone every heard of or have any experience with mangomoney?  its a prepaid debit card but they have savings account and are advertising 6% apy on balances upto 5k if you sign up for direct deposit. the highest rates i see are typically .65-1.01 apy.  yes  there are fees for atm and etc. and a $3 a month account fee, but assuming $50 a month direct deposit, and not getting hit w/ anything other than the account fee you would get 284 in interest on 5k. this just sounds too good to be true to me what do you guys think?

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Re: 6% apy savings too good to be true?

seems ligit to me i might have to give them a try, 

https://www.mangomoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Mango-CHA-Appvd-0618134.pdf

This Agreement, with the Fee Schedule and Privacy Policy incorporated herein by reference, sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and us, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements with respect to such subject matter. Fee Schedule FEE AMOUNT FEE DESCRIPTION Monthly Subscription Fee $3.00 Charged on a 30 day cycle* ATM Withdrawal $2.00 Per transaction International Currency Conversion 2% Per transaction in currency other than the U.S. Dollar

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 3 of 3
HiLine
Blogger

Re: 6% apy savings too good to be true?

Is sounds too good to be true. Where are their terms and conditions?

Message 2 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.