Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guitar or Piano???

tag
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

Guitar or Piano???

This is not a normal question, but this is the only sub forum where this would fit, except for smorgasboard I guess. 

At any rate, our wedding date is Nov. of 2017. I thought about during the reception, after I get the garter from her where only her and I are on the floor, and basically serenade her in front of everyone who's there. The idea is to make her feel special. 

I know how to play the piano and there's one song I like because it's beautiful when played and the singing aspect is minimal (I don't really sing). Here is the video: Said the Sky - Piano

I've never played the guitar before, but the song looks very simple to play so it won't take long to learn. I love the way it sounds on the guitar. Instead of singing the original lyrics (in the video) I was going to write her a song and sing that to her while playing the guitar. Here is the video: Collective Soul - The World I know - Guitar

So playing "The World I Know" would be the biggest hurdle of the two because I'd have to learn a new instrument and also learn to write/sing. However, I have a year and a half so I should easily learn it by then.

What are your thoughts of the idea? I don't see that happen and I've been to A LOT of weddings. I just don't want it to be corny. I want to make her cry haha.

Personal:

Business:

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Guitar or Piano???

Either is going to make her cry. Mission accomplished before you even start. But there is something romantic and beautiful about a dude on a piano.
Message 2 of 9
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Either is going to make her cry. Mission accomplished before you even start. But there is something romantic and beautiful about a dude on a piano.

Thanks for the input. I'm just worried about getting to technical because I've never really performed in front of a bunch of people. I don't want to be a youtube hit because I crash and burn lol.

Personal:

Business:

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

^I would subscribe to that.
Message 4 of 9
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

The crash and burn or the success part?

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol both! Either way I want to see it!
Message 6 of 9
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

LOL. I'll come back and post the video. I'm sure everyone will be. I'll also post one before hand so people can give me their opinion. I found the instrumental version of "The world I know" so I can have that playing that in the back ground to give it better sound and cover any mess ups I have while playing. lol

Personal:

Business:

Message 7 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm a huge fan of the piano, just make sure you get a nice piano to do it on.

Alternative/best of both worlds..... Get a Keytar Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
I'm a huge fan of the piano, just make sure you get a nice piano to do it on.

Alternative/best of both worlds..... Get a Keytar Smiley Tongue

KEYTAR! Why didn't I think of that? Perfect solution.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.