Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk Garage Sales!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Let's talk Garage Sales!

Our season is just beginning!  I specifically search for books; paperbacks .25-.50 / hardbacks 1.00-2.00.  I've purchased quite a bit of tupperware, collectibles, etc.

My best find of last year:  Unused cutting board from Williams Sonoma with pewter.  Orig. price $180.  I paid $3.00!!!!  Also bought his bar glasses for 20 cents each and his pub table for $20.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Let's talk Garage Sales!

DH's best find:
A brand-new microwave, for $3.

I prefer Salvation Army-type stores. Out here in CA, the pickings are amazing. I got a pair of For All Mankind Jeans for $15. NO WAY!

And when we were in Gtmo Bay, in the FedEx storefront, the Jamaican guy working the desk had a confederate bow-front dresser just sitting in the corner. It was the shorter version, I already own the taller dresser. I eyed it for about two months & finally asked if they were using it at all. They weren't, and he gave it to me for $20!!! Now we have a matched set of real-deal bowfront dressers in our bedroom.
Message 2 of 4
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

A coworker is heavy into the garage sales!  She buys there, cleans and repackages, then resells at the flea markets.

If I'm on the hunt for something in particular, I'll give her a headsup and she'll keep her eye out.  Otherwise I avoid them like the plague.  Too much temptation too spend $$ on clutter as we have all we need.

My kids just say I'm a tightwad...hahaha
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

My DW goes to garage and yard sales with her sisters and our daughter EVERY SINGLE SATURDAY and SUNDAY!!!!!! It's an obsession! lol Her reasoning, so we can by back what was stolen from us.Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.