Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Props to Chase Bank

tag
RecoveredDebtaholic
New Contributor

Props to Chase Bank

Decided to go in branch today though usually I do everything on line, happened to be driving by and it looked pretty empty for a Saturday so why not. I have a mortgage with them since 2000 with a refi to 3.75% done in 2012. Just recently did an app spree and got a new freedom card and got the $200 open a checking account bonus email so I decided to go for it, free money right? 1.My "personal banker" I guess they're calling them now, said call him directly even after hours with any questions or concerns and gave a personal business card with an after hours number. Shocked! I'm not rich, what the heck but cool I'll take it. 2.The $200 was for opening a Total Checking, upgraded me to Checking Premier with some good perks that usually cost money, ie free checks, safety deposit box, cashiers checks, money orders, all the stuff that is usually for a fee is pretty much free with the Premier account, and it's an interest bearing account, low APY but cool I'll take it. 3. Usually they like to upsell you the savings account but he said come back with another coupon to get another bonus on savings as he couldn't retrieve one at the time. 4. Pulled some pre approved offers for other credit cards , CSP, and Marriott I think, for me but told me honestly you've already got the best card for your spending habits, and with opening the checking account there's another 10% bonus, roll with what you've got and if you decide you want another TL, call me and I'll get you set up. 5. Set me up with the free safety deposit box 6. Waived the minimum balance requirements for the Premier Checking for military service. All in all a great an unexpected experience, gotta love the "relationship banking" deal. Chase for the win!
TU FICO 10/2/14 826
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
RecoveredDebtaholic
New Contributor

Re: Props to Chase Bank

Also no HP alerts today in case anyone wondered. Also got the debit card in hand today, embossed, not printed, instantly with my name on it, guess it's been a while since I opened a checking account, I was shocked again, was expecting in the mail in a couple of weeks.
TU FICO 10/2/14 826
Message 2 of 12
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

grats!! huge score on the premier plus checking account -- I'd totally be all over that if i could get that monthly fee waived!

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 3 of 12
RecoveredDebtaholic
New Contributor

Yep, that fee is steep unless you maintain 15k (waived) or direct deposit so I set up 500.00 to go in monthly which I was going to do for the $200 bonus anyway, I was very pleasantly surprised today, usually banks are just a necessary evil to me.
TU FICO 10/2/14 826
Message 4 of 12
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

id double check on that. the regular checking acct fee can be waived by direct deposit, but the premier plus can only be waived by 15k avg balance OR automatic payments to a mortgage

https://www.chase.com/checking#!cca:ccca

EDIT: you said you have a mortgage with them so that's probably why it's waived :]

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Message 5 of 12
RecoveredDebtaholic
New Contributor

I will stay on top of it for sure, the maintenance fee would kill the deal for me.
TU FICO 10/2/14 826
Message 6 of 12
RecoveredDebtaholic
New Contributor

Follow up: the monthly maintenance fee and minimum balance requirements are waived due to being military, qualifying ID required. Here's the link to details, please cut if inappropriate, no harm intended. https://www.chase.com/online/military/military-personal.htm Great deal for military though IMO.
TU FICO 10/2/14 826
Message 7 of 12
milkshakes
Regular Contributor

nice find, but it's the other way around. as military, you've more than earned those extra checking account benefits ;]. thanks for your service

Message 8 of 12
RecoveredDebtaholic
New Contributor

@milkshakes wrote:

nice find, but it's the other way around. as military, you've more than earned those extra checking account benefits ;]. thanks for your service

Thank you very much. I am always pleased and feel honored when I encounter things like this, I never really expect it or ask for it and I have seen the opposite opinion far too many times across the internet where people complain about any discounts given "just for being a veteran", I don't say anything as it's not productive but it stings.
TU FICO 10/2/14 826
Message 9 of 12
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Great to hear that they gave you red carpet treatment! Didn't know thy got into printing cards on the spot. Very nice!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.