Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual credit card question

tag
howellco2
Frequent Contributor

Virtual credit card question

not sure where to put this so I put it here anyway I got a 377$ rebate from Tmobile it came on a virtual card so I can only use it online .. I did figure out i can send money thru PayPal to my SO then she can send back to me and then to my bank about a 12$ fees anyond know of a cheaper way 

MAJOR BANK CARDS Amex BC 15k, Amex CM 1500, Amex Delta 1k, BB&T Travel 4500, BBVA 6900, CAP1QS 2600, Discover 3300, Marvel MC 6000, Wells Fargo CR 4500, Blispay 2k
CREDIT UNION CARDS DCU 2k , Robbins 10k, United1st 5k
STORE CARDS Amazon 10k, Home Depot 5k, PayPal 4k, Walmart 6k, Lowes 12k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: Virtual credit card question

@howellco2 wrote:

not sure where to put this so I put it here anyway I got a 377$ rebate from Tmobile it came on a virtual card so I can only use it online .. I did figure out i can send money thru PayPal to my SO then she can send back to me and then to my bank about a 12$ fees anyond know of a cheaper way 

I had this happen as well. I got a cashback rebate for my contacts in the form of a virtual credit card. I was able to make a purchase for the exact amount (that I was going to make anyway) and then I saved the actual rebate amount in my savings.

So in summary, just use it as a regular card online and you don't have to pay fees. Amazon is probably a good place to use it.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always take those and reload my Amazon gift card balance with them since there is no fee, the balance doesn't expire, and I do lots of shopping on Amazon. 

You can also take them and pay your utility bills with them. Like if I got one for $377, I would probably prepay the Comcast bill for two months to knock out $280 of it and pay the Xfinity Mobile bill to knock out another $60 and then take the remaining $37 and load it on Amazon. That way I wouldn't be tempted to create frivolous spend. 

Message 3 of 4
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I always take those and reload my Amazon gift card balance with them since there is no fee, the balance doesn't expire, and I do lots of shopping on Amazon. 

You can also take them and pay your utility bills with them. Like if I got one for $377, I would probably prepay the Comcast bill for two months to knock out $280 of it and pay the Xfinity Mobile bill to knock out another $60 and then take the remaining $37 and load it on Amazon. That way I wouldn't be tempted to create frivolous spend. 

+10

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.