cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Loans - US Department of Education!!

tag
cRise

Student Loans - US Department of Education!!

Greetings! I am like all of you who are trying to build their credit!

To start off, I have no collections. However, in the accounts section, I have what seems like debt from my college days (US Dept of Education)

It is sttated as past due over 120 days, but if im not mistaken I am to pay that off once I graduate, am I incorrect? It does have an orange flag next to it, no idea what that means either.

Some feedback are welcomed! Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Student Loans - US Department of Education!!

Are you currently in school?  From what you say, it sounds like your loan has entered repayment, so you need to find out why and then take some steps to either get it back into deferment/forbearance or start making payments and bring it current.  If this was a mistake, you'll also want to get those lates removed.

Head over to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS.ed.gov) and see what they report for loans in your name.  That will give you their current status, balance, and contact information for the servicer so you can start sorting this out.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.