Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about updates on 3 bureau monitoring

tag
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Confused about updates on 3 bureau monitoring

I guess I am confused about what should/will generate an alert.  I received my first alert as one of my accounts showed a substantial change in balance.  This alert was for EQ and resulted in a change in score (by just a couple points).  I checked CK and noticed that my TU report appears to have updated the same day, so presumably the same could be said for EX.  However, at this point it has been a couple days and I've received no further alerts regarding TU or EX changes.  

However, in the meantime I received an email from Barclay regarding my TU score changing by about 7 points.  Again, presumably this was due to the updates to my CR (balance change).  I've got alerts set/on for balance changes, payments, activity on old accounts, etc. so I am wondering why the only alert I've received thus far is for EQ.   I did see where TU may need a month to set a baseline, or some such info, but it seems odd that EX hasn't generated an alert yet either.  It's only been four or five days since the update, so is it just a waiting game?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Confused about updates on 3 bureau monitoring

@disdreamin wrote:

I guess I am confused about what should/will generate an alert.  I received my first alert as one of my accounts showed a substantial change in balance.  This alert was for EQ and resulted in a change in score (by just a couple points).  I checked CK and noticed that my TU report appears to have updated the same day, so presumably the same could be said for EX.  However, at this point it has been a couple days and I've received no further alerts regarding TU or EX changes.  

However, in the meantime I received an email from Barclay regarding my TU score changing by about 7 points.  Again, presumably this was due to the updates to my CR (balance change).  I've got alerts set/on for balance changes, payments, activity on old accounts, etc. so I am wondering why the only alert I've received thus far is for EQ.   I did see where TU may need a month to set a baseline, or some such info, but it seems odd that EX hasn't generated an alert yet either.  It's only been four or five days since the update, so is it just a waiting game?

In my experience EQ gives the most alerts followed by TU followed by EX.  They aren't 1:1, monitoring solution by each bureau resold by FICO as I understand it so it's 3 seperate implementations currently.  

Did you unsubscribe / resubscribe?  I just got a 3B individual report and didn't resubscribe; have gotten alerts 1/31 EQ (balance change), 2/01 TU (total balance change), and 2/01 EX (status update, account now llisted as Paid Loan).  If you resubscribed it's probably the same as the new account startup unfortunately that they announced in the original FAQ.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.