cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO-9 Scores are wrong

tag
Amtote

FICO-9 Scores are wrong

I just bought a 3B report and all the FICO-9 scores are wrong. Of the reasons given:

You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or derogatory indicator on your credit report.

(jWrong, I have no late payments)

You have few accounts that are in good standing.

(I have many, all in good standing).

It is completely contradictory to my FICO 8 scores of 780/773/769 which also state that I have no late payments and all my accounts are in good standing.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Cindy_FICO
Administrator Emeritus

Re: FICO-9 Scores are wrong

Please contact our support center for additional guidance. The FICO Score 9 and FICO Score 8 use different formulas, so your scores will be different. You can read more about it here: http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/514/kw/black%20market  

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Too few accounts in good standing" can relate to having some NEW accounts.  How many accounts do you have that are less than 12 months old?

As for the derogatory indicator, do you have any public records, bankruptcies, collections or consumer finance account loans reporting?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lots of people, including myself, are seeing that on our FICO 09 scores when there are no late payments and scores over 800.  Not sure why but certinly doesn't indicate that there is anything derogatory on your reports.

Message 4 of 14
1970charger
Established Member

Hi have not posted in LONG TIME.  My FICO 8 scores are 848 850 841. With NO late no inq, no new accounts. FICO 9 just shows 60 days late . Yet I cant find what accounts are showing negative info. Just came from navy fed they using fico 9 showing 60+ days late on what?

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree! I have applied for credit recently and gotten approved...until I received a letter denying me for a store card indicating my credit score was 611. I knew that was correct because I manage my scores regularly--so I started logging in and checking them again.
My scores on all other sites including Experian's 3 for 1 that I subscribe to, American Express' My Credit Guide and Credit Sesame all have similar or identical Fico 8 scores 689/702/698 (highest score is with Transunion, which has historically always been the most accurate reporting agency). When I checked Fico 9 my scores were 564/611/592 -- **bleep**?! And some lenders have began using Fico 9 without any regards to if this crap is accurate or not.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Contact your support for what? Why are the scores so drastically different? I know you've got to be hearing this feedback from numerous consumers. I want to know how to make lenders aware of this huge difference in scoring results.

Message 7 of 14
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

June 1st my AoYA aged 1 year old and my FICO8 scores went up 20-25 points accross the board.  However, my FICO9 scores dropped an average of 15 points each. All non FICO9 models wet up and all FICO9 models went down

In addition, my EX09 marker states

Too many inquiries last 12 months

FICO® Scores look at the number of times a person applies for credit, since people who are actively seeking credit tend to pose more of a risk to lenders than those who are not. Your FICO® Score was impacted due to the number of applications for credit, or credit inquiries, within the last 12 months.

At that time 6/1/2019, I had only one HP inquiry on my EX file ( from 6/8/2018 )

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 8 of 14
Amtote

None. I'll repeat, there is nothing...NOTHING in my credit report that indicates ANY of the factors that FICO-9 states.

Message 9 of 14
Amtote

Obviously, if I had what FICO-9 states as "reasons" like 60 days late, I would expect the scores to be drasitically lower. But that is not the case.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.