Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting to hear from SW...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting to hear from SW...

Still no word, and it's been almost 2 months. 

As per HTSU's advice I set my target score to my current score. Since my last alert, I've opened an account, been added as an AU on an account, closed two accounts, paid off a high balance and several inquiries should have aged over 6 months and another few over 1 year.

If no alerts have come in, I know Barry can't magically summon an alert, but I got a few alerts within a couple of days of setting-up SW and nothing since.

Message Edited by jaybird201 on 10-02-2008 01:25 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Re: Still waiting to hear from SW...

jaybird201 wrote:

Still no word, and it's been almost 2 months. 

As per HTSU's advice I set my target score to my current score. Since my last alert, I've opened an account, been added as an AU on an account, closed two accounts, paid off a high balance and several inquiries should have aged over 6 months and another few over 1 year.

If no alerts have come in, I know Barry can't magically summon an alert, but I got a few alerts within a couple of days of setting-up SW and nothing since.

Message Edited by jaybird201 on 10-02-2008 01:25 PM

Hi jaybird201...A free Equifax report has been added to your Score Watch subscription so you can see if any of the changes you described have appeared on your Equifax report. You should also set your balance increase alert settings to "on." Let us know what you find!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

+10! And it showed all of the updated accounts and balances. Thanks Barry. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

jaybird201 wrote:

+10! And it showed all of the updated accounts and balances. Thanks Barry. Smiley Happy

Good to hear! Now make sure to reset your target score to your new one. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No Scorewatch alerts since.....May?!   I use my credit cards quite a bit but have been paying off the balances, applying for new lines of credit etc...and yes I've matched my target score with my last no FICO score to hopefully receive changes.  Hard to believe nothing has changed in almost 6 months.
Message 5 of 11
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Strinalsh wrote:
No Scorewatch alerts since.....May?!   I use my credit cards quite a bit but have been paying off the balances, applying for new lines of credit etc...and yes I've matched my target score with my last no FICO score to hopefully receive changes.  Hard to believe nothing has changed in almost 6 months.

Hi Strinalsh!....We show that 7 alerts have been sent to you since May. The most recent was on 9/29. You may want to check to make sure that: 1) we have your correct email address, and 2) the alerts aren't landing in your spam filter. MyFICO customer service should be able to help you if the problem isn't either of these two possibilities Good luck!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Barry.  I should have been more specific.  My SW score hasn't moved a point in six months.  Before the switch over to this system it moved 20-40 pts a month (in one direction or another).  It seems that with my moving twice, paying off cards, charging big items, etc. The Score would have moved one way or another over the last half year. 
Message 7 of 11
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Strinalsh wrote:
Thanks for the reply Barry.  I should have been more specific.  My SW score hasn't moved a point in six months.  Before the switch over to this system it moved 20-40 pts a month (in one direction or another).  It seems that with my moving twice, paying off cards, charging big items, etc. The Score would have moved one way or another over the last half year. 

Aha! Thanks for clarifying, Strinalsh! While I'll agree that it's a bit unusual for your score to remain the same for so long, it's not impossible.

I'd suggest pulling a new Equifax report, since it's been a while, and checking the negative factors to see what's keeping your score from being higher. Then compare the new report with the older one(s) having the same score and see if there were any significant changes in utilization percentage, new accounts appearing, old ones falling off, etc.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bought a car over the weekend...paid off a card two weeks ago...and still no change in my Score Watch score.  Now six months in a row with no change.  
Message 9 of 11
Barry
Administrator Emeritus

Strinalsh wrote:
Bought a car over the weekend...paid off a card two weeks ago...and still no change in my Score Watch score.  Now six months in a row with no change.  
Hi Strinalsh...While it's a bit unusual to go that long without a score change, it's not unheard of. A free report has been added to your Score Watch subscription to check for changes to your credit report. Feel free to let us know what you find after pulling an updated report.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.