cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 new vehicles in less than a month - Oy Vey!!!!

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 new vehicles in less than a month - Oy Vey!!!!

I'd expect a nice score drop.  We did this last year, bought DW a new Infiniti and me a new truck., both done right after a mortgage refinance.  Score dropeed 60 points.  1 year later scores recovered, even added a few points.  

Message 11 of 21
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

I'd expect a nice score drop.  We did this last year, bought DW a new Infiniti and me a new truck., both done right after a mortgage refinance.  Score dropeed 60 points.  1 year later scores recovered, even added a few points.  

Wow!  60 points?  Was that from your 2 other auto loans being reported as paid off?  I'm prepared for 30 point drop for the 2 previous loans being paid off, but no 60!  Cap1 auto paid off last month and they have yet to report to bureaus so I'm still waiting to see how my scores react. 

Message 12 of 21
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can't make this thread without posting a quick review comparing both SUV's.  

That 2016 Honda Pilot Elite is a fine automobile.  Much nicer than other SUV's doulbe the price.

Agreed!  However hopefully the Pilot won't need repairs after it's bumper to bumper warranty runs out.  33yr/36,000 miles and powertrain 65yr/60,000miles. Whereas the Kia Sorento has a 5yr/60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 10yr/100,000 mile powertrain.  Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 21
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

Slipper that's why we bought an extended warranty through USAA. 6 year/75k miles with no deductible for $719. At least it will be covered for the life of the loan. 

Message 14 of 21
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your new vehicles.....

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jim44 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That 2016 Honda Pilot Elite is a fine automobile.  Much nicer than other SUV's doulbe the price.

Agreed!  However hopefully the Pilot won't need repairs after it's bumper to bumper warranty runs out.  33yr/36,000 miles and powertrain 65yr/60,000miles. Whereas the Kia Sorento has a 5yr/60,000 mile bumper to bumper and 10yr/100,000 mile powertrain.  Smiley Happy

I have supreme confidence a Honda Pilot will be much more reliable even while it's out of warranty compared to the Kia.  Lease residuals and pricing in the used car market leads me to believe most people feel the same way.

I was actually asking for review from a features and comfort  standpoint

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bmac66 wrote:

Slipper that's why we bought an extended warranty through USAA. 6 year/75k miles with no deductible for $719. At least it will be covered for the life of the loan. 

Thats super cheap!  good job and congrats

Message 17 of 21
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jim44 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have supreme confidence a Honda Pilot will be much more reliable even while it's out of warranty compared to the Kia.  Lease residuals and pricing in the used car market leads me to believe most people feel the same way.

I was actually asking for review from a features and comfort  standpoint

Again agreed.  Excuse the posting error.  3yr/36,000 B to B and 5yr/60,000 PTW for the Pilot.  Not a bad price for an extended warranty on the Pilot OP!   Actually the Sorento has some great reviews. 

Message 18 of 21
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

@Hoya08 wrote:

4.49% from USAA is kinda high for  your scores.  USAA 72-month APR for excellent credit scores is 2.49%.  Are you sure it's not a typo?  If it's not a typo, then you should refinance (both) as soon as possible.

I agree I just re-fi'ed at 4.49% with 649 EX FICO Auto 08. I would re-fi with DCU with the quickness...

Message 19 of 21
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

@Dj4Money wrote:

@Hoya08 wrote:

4.49% from USAA is kinda high for  your scores.  USAA 72-month APR for excellent credit scores is 2.49%.  Are you sure it's not a typo?  If it's not a typo, then you should refinance (both) as soon as possible.

I agree I just re-fi'ed at 4.49% with 649 EX FICO Auto 08. I would re-fi with DCU with the quickness...

See my earlier post. Husband's scores are low as he is still rebuilding. Need both incomes in order to qualify. 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.