Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on auto loan from SchoolsFirst

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on auto loan from SchoolsFirst

So I have a terrible auto loan pre bk. A 9.95 apr and a monthly payment of 505. I’ve attempted to refi with cap one the interest was even higher, I attempted with so cal credit union about 10.3 with auto payments brought down to 9.84 I was going to go through with it and put like 2000 down. However I thought to myself might as well check with my other credit union to see what they could give me. They approved my auto refi for 19604 with an amazing rate (for post bk at least) of 4.19 apr and for the first 3 months you don’t make payments. It’s an amazing deal the only catch is that I have to put 4060 down. I would be all for it, however all I have is 3600 and that’s with a loan that I took from my 401k(1152) what should I do. I want to ask for a loan on the side but I feel like that will jeopardize my auto loan with SchoolsFirst
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice on auto loan from SchoolsFirst

If you have family or a friend that you can get 1k from on a short term basis (make sure you pay it back obviously) that's an option.

Alternatively and I don't know Schools First though from what I hear out here in Cali they're a very good CU, you might ask them to reduce the amount down for a somewhat higher interest rate as well.  

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Advice on auto loan from SchoolsFirst

Hey man ! Thanks for the reply
Here’s the update. I was able to refinance the car with SchoolsFirst with a 4.19 apr. I was able to gather the money !
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.