Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Credit Union

@pen_nyc wrote:

Thanks for the reply USMC.

I called them this morning and they told me that the max is based on  the NADA value of the car which is perfect.

And yes, when I did open my Alliant account (thanks to you btw!) they did "pre-approve" me for both an auto loan for $ 20K and a visa for $ 7500. I did apply for the Visa and was given a $ 500 credit line only. The rep told me it was because I had not history with them. Since then I've been depositing $ 250 a week into the saving account and to get pad that a bit more then apply for an auto loan. 

Thanks again for all your help!

-P.

You were pre-approved for Visa $7.5k and auto $20k, but then they CLD the card to $500?  That is a first, I've never heard of that before.  Usually if you get preapproved online, it's a done deal and the card arrives in about 7 to 10 days.
Message 11 of 13
pen_nyc
Established Member

Yep. That's exactly what happened. 

Go figure. I was surprised myself but in the end not much I can do. You would think that I had some negatives on my report but that is not the case. I have a total age of 19 yrs plus and average age of 7yrs plus. EQ is at 765 and TU  689.

-P.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pen_nyc wrote:

Yep. That's exactly what happened. 

Go figure. I was surprised myself but in the end not much I can do. You would think that I had some negatives on my report but that is not the case. I have a total age of 19 yrs plus and average age of 7yrs plus. EQ is at 765 and TU  689.

-P.

Its never been about the negatives....... the derogs you have limiting you are simply a lack of Positives....
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.