cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone dealing with Wells Fargo Auto Finance?

tag
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone dealing with Wells Fargo Auto Finance?

There is a sticky with abbreviations on here somewhere.

GW -- Goodwill: asking for the removal of correct derogatory information (not disputing)

ITS -- Intent to Sue: telling them you are tired of them violating the FCRA and that you're going to sue them for $1K per violation in Small Claims or Federal court.
Message 11 of 15
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

Thanks erchambers,

thanks, I would love to sue all 3 credit agencies for letting wells fargo auto finance for years carry false and hurtfull infomation on my reports.   Has anyone sued these jerks and won?

thanks,
Luke
"It only takes a second to do something that you may regret for the rest of your life"

All the Best,
Luke
Message 12 of 15
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Yes. You might want to ask about it in Rebuilding your credit or General Credit Issues. I'm not an expert on the suing part.
Message 13 of 15
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

05 Jul 2008 21:40 Edit/Delete this post
Dear Forum,

I recieved a letter from my State of IL AG office today, which was very nice to have this office on my side, and I am not sure if the contents of the letter is good or bad for me.

The story is that in Nov. of 2006 (I have had my car financed with WFAF since 7/11/2003), Wells Fargo Auto Finance decided to change everyones account number for some unknown reason. It sent my account with them and the credit agencies in a tailwind. They have been reporting false and hurtful infomation to each other about my account with them for almost 2 years. I have spent almost 2 years trying to correct this in every way known to man and women but to no avail.

Now today, as I said, I get a letter from my states IL Attorneys General's Office along with a apologetic(?) letter from WFAF saying they are sorry.

But what WFAF did was remove my account from all 3 credit agencies all together. I did notice that my FICO score went up 10 points, but my thing is that all that 5 years of credit history, which was very good, never missed a payment, etc. is now GONE.

I am not sure if that is good or bad, and my question to you all is....What do you think? Should I leave it the way it is ( I have 10 days to send a letter back to my states AG and let them know if I accept what WFAF did or not), or tell them to update correctly, if they would do that. Anyone gone through this or something like this before?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thank You

All the Best,
Luke
"It only takes a second to do something that you may regret for the rest of your life"

All the Best,
Luke
Message 14 of 15
lukeskywalker7
Established Member

UPDATE

Its been a month today when I sent a letter back to my states Attorney Generals Office saying that even though Wells Fargo Auto Financed said they where wrong and where sorry, that I do not think it is right that they remove my credit line from all 3 reports for over 5 years of great payment history and that I do not accept their apology.  I asked my states AG to tell them to fix my credit records with the correct info. and to pay off the rest of my car loan.  ( man did i stretch that one).  Well, still have not heard anything as of today.

Time will tell.  Anyone else going through this with WFAF? 

thanks,
Luke

All the Best,
Luke
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.