Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have multiple open auto loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have multiple open auto loans?

Hi,

Looking to get a new car to acommodate our new family needs.  Husband's scores are 693 692 697.  Mine are 615 619 625.  Would like to try financing in his name only but his reports have an open auto loan with balance of $6800 and open motorcycle loan with balance of $11000.  One credit card with balance of $10000.  Do you think he could get approval for one more auto loan +/- $25000 in his name only?  His income is approx. $90k.  Anyone have a similar situation/experience to share?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cabarkeep
New Contributor

Re: Anyone have multiple open auto loans?

sounds like he might have a chance depending on payment history on the curren auto/mc loans as well as credit card debt to limit ratios ...

Here in CA its been my experience that getting multiple autos in the same persons name is getting pretty tough ...even with 700+ scores ...if the overall credit bureau does not look good (debt to avail credit) as well as income etc ....getting the extra car is hard

If it is going to happen i would think it would be on a less expensive car 15k or less .... all you can do is try ...go to a major dealer who has good rapport with the banks and has a good rep in the area and see what they say ....

Oh and a sizeable down payment also can sway the banks decision too ....

good luck

Message 2 of 4
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

At one point about a year ago, I had three open/unpaid leases on my CR (8k, 14k and 17k) and I was still getting approved for CCs and such.  Having multiple auto accts won't tank your score, but to get approved I'm guessing potential creditors will look very closely at your DTI.  (My income was about half of your DHs with 60k in SLs, 0 CC debt, and a 75k mortgage.)

Good luck!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup, 3 loans with jeep and one with carmax. all for my business and a loan with usaa. many vehilces paid off though(14 or so) scores in the high sixes.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.