Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved!

I have been wanting to trade in my car for awhile but for a variety of reasons I haven't. Thanks last time I got a loan, the best rate I qualified for was 12% and i was happy with that.

I've worked hard to improve my credit and yesterday decided to take a risk and apply with NFCU. I asked for $20k and they came back with $26k at 4.49%!

I've never done financing on my own. I know they are sending me the check but any advice on what to expect at the dealership? Do I still have to meet with F&I?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved!

Congrats to you on your hard work, Go Navy!

Message 2 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Yes, in most cases F&I handles all of the paperwork. When I used an NFCU check for a purchase F&I didn't try to sell my on anything.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! It has been quite a journey. I still have a way to go but this is a huge milestone!

Message 4 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

The only thing I can imagine you having to overcome is the Finance Manager offering to beat the rate that you have. No worries, it's his job. Depending on what you're buying a lot of captive lenders are offering long term 0% interest on new vehicles.

So if you're picking something that has an extended finance offer attached to it and you don't mind spending a few inquiries...it may be worth your while to see if they can lean on your NFCU approval with another lender to get an even lower rate.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! NFCU is the best!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been wanting to trade in my car for awhile but for a variety of reasons I haven't. Thanks last time I got a loan, the best rate I qualified for was 12% and i was happy with that.

I've worked hard to improve my credit and yesterday decided to take a risk and apply with NFCU. I asked for $20k and they came back with $26k at 4.49%!

I've never done financing on my own. I know they are sending me the check but any advice on what to expect at the dealership? Do I still have to meet with F&I?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.