Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Loan Concerns

tag
b1gr3dmachin3
Contributor

Auto Loan Concerns

Hi all, looking to get 2 auto loans soon and just have a few concerns. Scores for my wife and I are both in the 750-800 range, however she has 1 late payment (she cosigned for a relative) from March of last year. I also have some business loans I cosigned for a relative which make my DTI look very high, however I obviously don't actually pay them (I know the banks don't look at it like that though). My question is how does each of those issues affect our auto score and will we still be able to qualify for the best rates? I am plannning on applying to DCU (heard a lot of good things about them on this site). What other places are recommended to apply to? Thank you for your time and input!

BoA 123 $2.5k (11/12) // Discover It $3.9k (7/13) // Citi Forward Student $3.8k (7/13) // Chase Freedom 5k (12/13) // Amex Blue Cash 6k (1/15)

Starting Score: No Credit History (11/12)
Current Score: MyFico 761
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Concerns

DCU looks more at your scores than anything else except possibly on a recon where both of you can go deeper. With 750+ scores you should have no problem with DCU. Note I have two card loans through DCU (1.49% and 1.99% which I'm in no hurry to pay them off soon). Very easy process although they do mail YOU the check rather than the dealer (which has never been an issue for me/dealer). 

Message 2 of 3
b1gr3dmachin3
Contributor

Re: Auto Loan Concerns

Ok cool, thanks for your reply. I'm obviously going to try them and see what happens but are there any other good places I should try? DCU seems to have the lowest rates that I can find?

BoA 123 $2.5k (11/12) // Discover It $3.9k (7/13) // Citi Forward Student $3.8k (7/13) // Chase Freedom 5k (12/13) // Amex Blue Cash 6k (1/15)

Starting Score: No Credit History (11/12)
Current Score: MyFico 761
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.