Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto loan post Chapt 7....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto loan post Chapt 7....

I just discharged a chapter 7. Have income, not rent or mortgage, have a small unsecured cc. Have a good income. Was pre authorized for 35K with capital one. I do not need to spend that much on a car. I found one for 21k that will work but after talking to a dealership the lender wants any where from 500-4000 for a downpayment. 

Does anyone know of a lender who can help without a down payment?

Cant be 

NFCU

2 REPLIES 2
cartwrna
Valued Contributor

Re: Auto loan post Chapt 7....

Weird, Capital one financed me straight out of bankruptcy Chapter 7 (Oct 2018), with 0 down on a 28k loan.

The dealership can ask that you do 0 down with Cap 1, because originally we had said we would do 1k down, then decided against it and they were okay with it.

Quite honestly though, just save up $500 down and have no issues that way.
Don’t take your credit for granted, use it with care! These days, catch me in the bankruptcy forum!?
Message 2 of 3
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: Auto loan post Chapt 7....

What are the terms of the Cap1 loan? 

That sound strange that if you're approved up to $35K and you found a car that is $21K but the lender (so the dealer says) wants $500-$4000 down?

Are you going through one of Cap1 preferred dealers? Not that it matters but you are way under the max approval even with dealer add-ons and taxes should be under $30K OTD. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.