cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel a car refinance with Capital One?

tag
FeedMeCredit
Valued Member

Can I cancel a car refinance with Capital One?

I applied to refinance my old car loan with Capital One and went through all the documents and signatures. They called tonight to confirm my address but there was a problem.

The issue is that my lease agreement has "ADU" after the zip. Obviously I did not put ADU after the zip on my application because that's not how addresses work. 

The first person told me he could escalate it for possible manager approval as-is but suggested I try a utility bill. Called back and spoke to someone else. The utility bill is in my landlord's name and all my mail goes to a private mailbox. That person said I can upload a car insurance declaration and call back. Next guy says they can't take that. Process repeats...

I ran out of options and asked if they could escalate to a manager. I was told it's a very slim chance, but I'd know in 24-48 hours. I then vented to my friend about wasting my day. She suggested I apply at the CU she uses. Cap1 was the best rate I could find anywhere online, but I gave that CU a shot and it is a better deal. Another 1.5% less APR than C1 is offering me.

TLDR; So, can I cancel my C1 application? Like I said, the documents are signed and they're supposed to be funding it, if they ever decide my address is okay. Do I have the right to cancel? Obviously going to call first thing in the AM, but wanted some feedback if I'm going to get pushback from the agent. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Re: Can I cancel a car refinance with Capital One?

If you don't have their $ then you don't have an agreement, as the financing has never been fulfilled. You can simply walk away. If there's a communication channel I'd just respond with "I've sourced other funding, thanks for your time" and move on. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.