Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get financing with 700+ Fico 8.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't get financing with 700+ Fico 8.

I've been trying to get financing for a new-used vehicle and have been unsuccesful thus far. 

Scores:

Equifax - 773

Transunion-757

Experian-749

I do have a personal loan for 1500/5000 and 12% credit utilization.

I'm only 20 so that's probably a huge factor due to lack of credit history but I have a 100% track record for on time payments.

What must I do to help my score and be considered for financing? I've tried places like associated credit union, suntrust, and roadloans. Was approved for 13k at roadloans but at a crazy 25% APR. Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't get financing with 700+ Fico 8.

No other loans but the one?  Could be why.  Your credit score is great so it's definitely not the problem.  Just getting your foot in the door.  No dealerships will work with you?

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just have the 1 loan with Wells Fargo. Haven't tried any dealerships yet, i hear that often dealers perform multiple hard inquiries with 1 permission, which is unsettling. Better chance at a dealership? Credit union turned me down.

Message 3 of 18
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just have the 1 loan with Wells Fargo. Haven't tried any dealerships yet, i hear that often dealers perform multiple hard inquiries with 1 permission, which is unsettling. Better chance at a dealership? Credit union turned me down.

With your scores and lack of history, I'd think you have a better chance going through a dealership. For a first auto loan it might not be the lowest APR offered, but maybe in the 6-10% range. You could do that and then refinance in 6 months with a credit union for a lower APR.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@_jb_ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

With your scores and lack of history, I'd think you have a better chance going through a dealership. For a first auto loan it might not be the lowest APR offered, but maybe in the 6-10% range. You could do that and then refinance in 6 months with a credit union for a lower APR.

I agree with this...  

Message 5 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@_jb_ wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree with this...  

double agree.. Dealers have alot more power of pushing stuff through as they have direct connections either through the car financing wing or other lenders that they have a relationship with.  With that score they will get you approved, but being your first auto loan, ya you will be paying a bit higher apr%

Message 6 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been trying to get financing for a new-used vehicle and have been unsuccesful thus far. 

Scores:

Equifax - 773

Transunion-757

Experian-749

I do have a personal loan for 1500/5000 and 12% credit utilization.

I'm only 20 so that's probably a huge factor due to lack of credit history but I have a 100% track record for on time payments.

What must I do to help my score and be considered for financing? I've tried places like associated credit union, suntrust, and roadloans. Was approved for 13k at roadloans but at a crazy 25% APR. Thanks in advance for any help.

What is your gross income?

Getting a loan is more than just credit. You need enough income to support the loan too.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suspect income is a factor here.  Please share those details also so we can assist.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income has to be the issue.. 

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies. I went to a few dealers and got several approvals. First approval was for a 2010 civic si at 16.9 apr. Ended up taking home a 2009 VW gti at an amazing 6.5 apr through capital one. They made me get the 2 year powertrain warranty for the low rate. They pulled a 726 through their scoring. As a first time car buyer, im pretty happy and think i fot a great deal. Let me know what you guys think.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.