Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one financing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one financing?

Looking into getting a used car. Not sure what yet but may fill out cap one auto preapproval to see what happens

First, how does it work with cap one? Do you need the specific vehicle or will they approve you for a general amount and then you can shop?

Also curious of everyones experience with cap one for auto finance?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Flexfanatic
Valued Member

Re: Cap one financing?

@Anonymous wrote:

Looking into getting a used car. Not sure what yet but may fill out cap one auto preapproval to see what happens

First, how does it work with cap one? Do you need the specific vehicle or will they approve you for a general amount and then you can shop?

Are you looking to get an approval via the Auto Navigator?

Message 2 of 5
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Go to the website and fill out the required information, it's soft pull. 

It should spit out a pre-approval, if not they will tell you the reason why via snail mail.

It doesn't have to be specific car/truck/suv, but rates will vary and your best rates will be on New Cars and CPOs.

IMHO unless you are trying to stay under a certain payment get new dealers are being aggressive, take Cap One's pre-approval (you have a print out) and make the dealer beat the APR on the car you want. 

9 times out of the 10 they'll be able to do it, especially at the end of the month. March is a good month actually according to James Bragg (Fighting Chance) because there no major holidays. 

Also the CV19 scare has likely dropped foot traffic down to a trickle. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't if I recall correctly.   If it says you do like it needs the VIN# just find a car the same make model and miles as the car you want add that info in so that you can get an accurate idea of how much they will give you, interest rate, etc 

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did not go through the preapproval prior to shopping for a car. I actually bought a car and used the dealership financing, but was not happy with the rate. I did the preapproval afterwards and refinanced through Capital One. They have been great with their auto financing. Everything was nice and easy. They had a much more aggressive interest rate then the dealer or other banks offered. They have a tracker which keeps track of your payoff, especially if you are able to pay it off early by paying more each month. I would give their preapproval a shot and see what happens. It is instant, and you might be surprised.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.