Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Navigator?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Navigator?

My capital one cc statement printed today; card was over the limit which was reason for auto navigator denial. Card is now under the limit. How long should I wait to reapply with auto navigator?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Navigator?

for some reason, they changed their system lately and it wont let me apply more than once every 30 days. i used to be able to apply and it would tell me an amount im approved for. but now it just lets me pick a car or truck and tells me if im approved or not. unless im doing something wrong lately... idk. so if i want to check another truck i have to go back to that "application" and change the vehicle im looking at. but hey its worth trying. it doesnt hurt to try if youre just doing prequal. so go for it. 

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to wait until latest FAKO update from credit wise which was today to reapply. Apparently Auto Navigator runs way behind as I still got declined.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ahh yes. many creditors, if not most, are usually a month behind. even if they show you your newest score on their site. AMEX, CAP1, ETC...

Message 4 of 9
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

I think the last time I looked into it and got declined, it said to try again in 30 days. That might be your best bet.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called their customer service. They told me you only have to wait 24 hours to re apply. I think they are way behind , at least a month, as far as credit pulls go, since I keep getting declined for being over limit on Cap One cards when I am under limit on all.
Message 6 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Auto Navigator doesn't give you an exact limit, you will need to go look at cars but if you click on a car and can't see payments as the car price goes up, than you can find a rough limit you are approved for... it will vary a little bit based on car selection and year but mostly the interest rate will just change but the limit will be the same.

I just used it and it was quite nice for the process.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

About a year ago, they would give us exact limits for "pre-approval". Meaning you could ask for more by sending POI, etc. It was very nice and easy. Now they want you to search for a vehicle within their sponsored dealers which is ehh. I wish it was like it used to be when they'd give an amount. Much easier to know an amount and then find a car, rather than find a car and have to switch it on the app, etc.
Message 8 of 9
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

I applied 4 times in a month, each time after my credit report updates. I had high DTI, but was in the process of paying off a substantial chunk of it. The third time I was approved.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.