Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Pre Approval--Confused

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Pre Approval--Confused

Hi,

I have twice now tried to do the auto loan pre approval online and they've stated I would get a letter in the mail.  Well, the letter states they cannot verify my income.  I don;t understand why this is happening?  I have a Venture card with them, perfect history and scores of TU 627, Eq 647 and Ex 611.  Should I call them?  I didnt want the hard pull yet, just to see where i would stand on a preapproval.  Anyone encounter this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto Pre Approval--Confused

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I have twice now tried to do the auto loan pre approval online and they've stated I would get a letter in the mail.  Well, the letter states they cannot verify my income.  I don;t understand why this is happening?  I have a Venture card with them, perfect history and scores of TU 627, Eq 647 and Ex 611.  Should I call them?  I didnt want the hard pull yet, just to see where i would stand on a preapproval.  Anyone encounter this?

Thanks!

Call them and ask.  My guess is if you send them a paystub they will be able to verify your income.  Your credit card history helps but doesn't answer the question of having enough income to make a car payment for 5-6 years which is what they are concerned about.  I have to say capital one is good for car loans but credit unions are much better. I would apply through DCU or Penfed if I were you.  There are many cases where capital one's rate is substantially beat by a credit union.  In my case before my rebuild I financed with Capital One for 8.5% a few days later I joined NFCU and they preapproved me for an auto refinance and I refinanced for the same term at 4.29%, saves me thousands of dollars over the life of the loan.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, yeah i have been advised to try PenFed by a co worker so I will try that.  I just was hoping to see where I stood without a hard pull, and i belive penfed would do the hard pull?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

ok, yeah i have been advised to try PenFed by a co worker so I will try that.  I just was hoping to see where I stood without a hard pull, and i belive penfed would do the hard pull?

Not a bad strategy to use Capone to feel the waters without the HP.  They are the only source I know of that will do a prequalify screening without an HP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.