cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto denial --advice? Do they do recons?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto denial --advice? Do they do recons?

Hey Folks,

A couple of weeks ago I applied for financing through Capital One, and I was denied. Has anyone been able to get a loan through a recon with them? Do they even do recons for auto loans?

My denial letter stated the following reasons for not approving my financing:

- There have been too many recent collections inquiries

- There are too few or no accounts

- There is presence of collection action or judgement

- There are too many revolving accounts

I had seriously defaulted on multiple student loans, that have been consolidated now for almost a year, with 100% on time payment history. But I think the severity of the delinquency is going to be hard to overcome, especially for consideration for an installment loan.

I only have two credit cards, very low CL (200/each), 2% utilization, perfect payment history, but very recently established (November 2014).

Also, my denial letter listed my EX credit score as 573 as of 02/01/15. My regular EX FICO, has seen an 85 point increase since 01/27/15 (from 560 => 645). I know the score auto lenders use is a little different from the standard FICO model, but do you think my auto FICO score may have improved as well? 

Anyone have any idea where I might be approved for financing if not Capital One? My myFICO scores are EQ: 631, TU: 592, EX: 645.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Auto denial --advice? Do they do recons?

Call the EO. but it looks really tough specially with recent Collections... 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
yoyo
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto denial --advice? Do they do recons?

I just filed bk 8/2014. I had two Capital one credit cards on the bk.

In October I was approved for two Captial One cards $500 and $300 limits
I have a VonMaur card $300 limit as well.
Last night did apply for CapOne auto loan. Got approved for up to $23,000 this morning,

They did ask for income verification wish is Mid-range for me.

I believe it was because I have a BK and don't own anyone money.

keep your head up and good luck

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.