Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Blank Check

tag
taz3261
New Contributor

Re: Capital One Blank Check

Worked great for me...had no problems in the past.
Transunion-597
Experian-unknown
Equifax-579
Message 11 of 15
Nashay
New Visitor

I used the Cap1 blank check Aug 2011 and purchased a 2012 Hyundai Accent. It was very easy and no downpayment or out of pocket money. Puts you in total control. I had a great interest rate that no dealer could beat. The check however works best for new vehicles only. When trying to purchased used vehicles problems arise. The dealer must sell a used vehicle at a certain price but wants you to make up the difference in cash.
Message 12 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Certain price and make up difference?
I don't see how that complicates the blank check... It has to be within a blue book standard of value... If you are not carrying negative equity from another car if you have issues buying a car with blank check without lots down it meAns you are over paying not that blank check is not working.
Message 13 of 15
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I used this when I bought my current car a few years ago.  My scores weren't great then, low 500s so I had a rate of 17.1%.  Only certain dealers are on the list that will accept this year. I received the check and found a local dealer to take it (good, major dealer). All went well. I refied in May of this year. Got a 1.99% rate at DCU. 

Aside from only being able to be used at certain dealers, there are vehicle requirements like it can't be older than x number of years and has to have less than 70k miles on it. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 690 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800 / Apple Card - $2700 / Walmart Mastercard - $2500

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 14 of 15
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

The age and mileage restrictions are going to apply with almost all lenders not just Cap 1. The only way that any dealer will get around that is with a Buy Here Pay Here format and that is usually a high interest rate deal for those who cannot obtain a vehicle through even second tier financing. Classic cars are a different story and a specialized financing that not all lenders do.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.