Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Refi=No GAP Insurance?

tag
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Refi=No GAP Insurance?

GAP is underwritten on the original loan only.  If you refinance the GAP does not carry over.  

Message 11 of 13
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, once you refi your loan with another company, the previous company no longer honor your GAP insurance and you should get a pro rated refund back your your previous finance company .

I did. Still no GAP , about 4k upside down. If something happens worry about it then. I would purchase from GAP direct if I could. 

Curious why you did not refi with a credit union? What made you just go with Capital One. Have you looked at refi again rates are super low right now. So that you are able to get GAP. I know some credit unions have a higher LTV than traditional banks. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, once you refi your loan with another company, the previous company no longer honor your GAP insurance and you should get a pro rated refund back your your previous finance company .

I did. Still no GAP , about 4k upside down. If something happens worry about it then. I would purchase from GAP direct if I could. 

Curious why you did not refi with a credit union? What made you just go with Capital One. Have you looked at refi again rates are super low right now. So that you are able to get GAP. I know some credit unions have a higher LTV than traditional banks. 

At the time no credit union would refi due to LTV, CapOne was willing. Credit scores too low right now to refi with a Credit Union. 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.