Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car Lease

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car Lease

I have recently been fixing up my scores, paying off or settling bad debts, getting my utilization down, etc.  I think I am now stuck in a waiting period for time to show my accounts in good standing.  I went from 13,000 to 300 balance on my accounts.

My I tried to get a car or lease a car before all of this a year ago and obviously I couldn't.  However my fiance was able to get a car leased for me that I use and I pay.  Have been paying on time for a year now. 

2 questions.
Is there a way to go back to the lender since I have  a 3 year lease and see if they can switch it over to 1.  me?
2.  If they can, is this a good idea to try to help my credit get stronger? 

Unfortunately I still cant open ANY accounts to try to get by available credit up.  I can't get approved for anything.

Thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Car Lease

5............get your EQ score to where your EXP score is and then try a CU. Do you qualify for NFCU?
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.... What is a CU and What is NFCU?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Union
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Why would that help me out?  Are they more flexible than an actuall car creditor?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit union rates are usually a lot lower than rates offered by a dealer when you don't have excellent credit. With a pre approval from a CU you can allow a dealer to try and beat that rate but either way you would have a finance rate that is lower than road loans, cap one blank check or others that offer high rates. Never shop dealerships on Saturdays!!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are just trying to improve your score you need to visit the credit card forums. They can direct you to opening credit accounts to improve scores. I wouldn't try to refi just to boost your score, you could end up with a much higher rate!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.