Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carvana - Are they honest? here was my experience with them

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carvana - Are they honest? here was my experience with them

I contacted  Carvana as I was looking to sell my 2020 Lincoln Corsair. They came back with a very good price so I accepted.

They told me to clean out the car, turn over a copy of my drivers license to the person picking up the car and sign the paperwork at pick up time.

Needless to say they showed up today on time, looked at the car, drove it , had me sign the paperwork and it was all over in about 15 minutes.

About 10 minutes after they left they sent me a text message that they paid me for the car. I logged into my bank account and sure enough the money was there and correct to the penny.

In all my years I never had such a good experience selling a car. I would give them the best rating as possible

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
pmany0324
Valued Member

Re: Carvana - Are they honest? here was my experience with them

Wow, I've always wondered about them. Thanks for the review. Question, did you still owe on your car? Wonder how that would work if I still owe and want to go that route. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did owe $9500 on c acar loan, they wired the payoff to the bank the same time they wried to me my $25,500. I called the bank and the payoff was there. Excellent service.

Message 3 of 13
pmany0324
Valued Member

Great to know! Thanks for reply 

Message 4 of 13
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Wow...that was easy!  So did you e-mail them initially?  Did they base their price just off of your cummunication with them (without first seeing the car)?

Message 5 of 13
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

@Gladius wrote:

Wow...that was easy!  So did you e-mail them initially?  Did they base their price just off of your cummunication with them (without first seeing the car)?

Dealerships appraise cars all the time without physically seeing them. Typically the appraised value is subject to a physical inspection.  The largest dealerships have employees whose sole job is to buy cars from auctions, which is typically virtual now too. 

As a side note, anyone looking to get rid of a car should try doing so now. Dealerships beef up used car inventory the first quarter of the year because people get tax refunds and use them for down payments. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will stand by their online quote, as long as there is no physical damage or you didn't lie about mileage. I traded in a vehicle with them recently and the only adjustment was for a few hundred more miles as my quote was slightly old. 

Message 7 of 13
dunn2500
Established Contributor

i did my trade in without visiting the dealer......dropped my new one off and drove my trade back to dealer, worked out pretty smooth

Message 8 of 13
dunn2500
Established Contributor

dealer dropped my new one off and drove my trade back to dealer, worked out pretty smooth.......

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a two time purchaser and sold (not trade) a car to them. My first car purchase and later sold to them was a great overall experience. My second purchase, my latest truck I bought back in October has been an absolute nightmare. Some small minor issues that could be overlooked on delivery, but I can't overlook the part where they sold me a truck they apparently never had the title for and don't seem to see that as problem. I have a hard time on getting a point of contact to deal with this problem or communicate with me.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.