Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash discount

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Cash discount

Worder if Honda will give a cash discount for a government purchase over 40k?  Any tips for negotiating the deal?  Typically Honda dosen't offer huge discounts, especially with supply down I would suppose

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Cash discount

Dealerships are more receptive to those who purchase their cars via in house financing.  They make a small cut of the financed amount.  Cash buyers- even a gov't  agency, won't typically entice them to lower the asking price.

Now if you are buying like 50 or 100 new Hondas, you might be able to buy at a discount.

@babbles wrote:

Worder if Honda will give a cash discount for a government purchase over 40k?  Any tips for negotiating the deal?  Typically Honda dosen't offer huge discounts, especially with supply down I would suppose

Message 2 of 4
babbles
Established Contributor

Re: Cash discounth,

Oh, directly from Honda, what would be that process?

Message 3 of 4
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Cash discounth,

My apologies as I edited my comments when you replied.   It might not be fully possible to but directly from Honda as  a middleman (dealership) sometimes still has to prepare/inspect the cars for the end user.   

Now if you are buying Volvos, Mercedes Benzes, and BMWs, I know you can pick up directly from the factory to avoid some markups.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.