Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase SP Prequal Link

tag
trant3
Established Contributor

Chase SP Prequal Link

For those shopping around or interesting in an auto loan, looks like its a soft pull to see your rate:

https://www.chase.com/auto/prequalified

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase SP Prequal Link

It's great that they actually call this out:

I also understand this prequalification request is a soft inquiry that will not affect my credit score and that this form is not an auto purchase application

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 6
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Always nice to see lenders add useful tools. Not if there prequalification is accurate then even better.
Message 3 of 6
FLLGuy
Frequent Contributor

About this Chase PreQual Link - Interesting turn of events.  First, my wife tried the link and got the dreaded response "there's nothing we can do for you".  Lastly, when time came to trade in her car last week with pre-approvals with NFCU and CAP1 the dealer said he could beat the offers.  We said - why not?  gave him one opportunity to sway us, to our surprise CHASE approved my wife on the first try for an auto loan.  Interesting how prequal site denied my wife (no hp) but when at the dealer they can make things happen.   Her FICO Auto Score Version 8 was (702) when approved.

some background - we burned Chase in BK 13 about $10K in credit cards.  We're recently discharged about 7mos to be exact but, we have banked with Chase for nearly 20yrs and have proceeds from home sale in our accounts.   Anyhow, thought I'd add to this thread.

Message 4 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@FLLGuy wrote:

About this Chase PreQual Link - Interesting turn of events.  First, my wife tried the link and got the dreaded response "there's nothing we can do for you".  Lastly, when time came to trade in her car last week with pre-approvals with NFCU and CAP1 the dealer said he could beat the offers.  We said - why not?  gave him one opportunity to sway us, to our surprise CHASE approved my wife on the first try for an auto loan.  Interesting how prequal site denied my wife (no hp) but when at the dealer they can make things happen.   Her FICO Auto Score Version 8 was (702) when approved.

some background - we burned Chase in BK 13 about $10K in credit cards.  We're recently discharged about 7mos to be exact but, we have banked with Chase for nearly 20yrs and have proceeds from home sale in our accounts.   Anyhow, thought I'd add to this thread.

A lot of banks underwrite deals through dealerships differently than direct to consumer loans

Message 5 of 6
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

For giggles, I tried this and just put personal income, not household - immediately declined. I'm still laughing about this, as I've currently got an auto loan with Chase, as well as a previous auto loan with them that had perfect payment history. I have to assume that something in my recent history is alarming to them (multiple new credit cards and a new auto loan all in the past year, perhaps?).

That said, I have every confidence I'd be approved if I walk into a dealership tomorrow to purchase a vehicle. Ironically, I decided to check the preaqual because I am going to investigate trading in the vehicle with the current Chase loan later this month, if I'm able to work a reasonable deal locally. I don't have high hopes of finding a vehicle I want in the timeframe I have, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.