Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Auto loan question

tag
empressj
Frequent Contributor

DCU Auto loan question

Evening All,
We’re considering refinancing my husband’s car. 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe. Applied with NFCU and denied due to BK7, accounts too new and too many recent inquiries. AFCU - countered with. less amount with a higher interest rate...but keeping them in back pocket 39 days left. Submitted application to DCU, received acknowledgment email about loan. They pulled my credit - notification received this afternoon and shortly after the notification I received this email:
Thank you for your recent loan application at DCU. We have made a decision on it and you will receive a letter in the mail shortly.
If you would like to discuss your application prior to receiving the letter, please contact our Information Center at 800-328-8797. The hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8am-9pm EST and Saturday 9am-3pm EST.

Not sure if it’s a denial but if it were they would have just said my application was denied.Anyone familiar with their process? It’s not an approval but not a denial yet anyway. I’m not a member but interested especially if they approve me and offer something lower than AFCU.

Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DCU Auto loan question

How recent was your BK7?  I've heard the DCU is 2 year post DC type of credit union.  

Message 2 of 3
empressj
Frequent Contributor

Re: DCU Auto loan question

19months. They denied me. Need to be 2 years post DC. Told me to apply again in Jan 2019. So disheartening but time to move on.

Decided to appeal NFCU application.
Discharged Jan 2017
Rebuilding credit
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.