Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU and USAA declined

tag
Viperlx
New Contributor

DCU and USAA declined

I was declined by both banks for an auto loan.  Am I pretty much screwed?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Re: DCU and USAA declined

I hear Santander has high interest rates but they help a lot of people out.

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 2 of 8
Viperlx
New Contributor

my issue right now is lack of job and a small spike in my credit card limits. Unfortunately I really need a car right now and these two things seem to be holding me back
Message 3 of 8
haveus33nm3
Contributor

By lack of job, are you stating you are unemployed? Unless you are receiving long term disability or social security,  without a job, you most likely won't find anyone willing to finance you. 

EQ 616 TU 638 EX 642 - MyFICO 4/2015

previously: EQ 578 TU 613 EX 614 - MyFICO 2/2015
Message 4 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@haveus33nm3 wrote:

By lack of job, are you stating you are unemployed? Unless you are receiving long term disability or social security,  without a job, you most likely won't find anyone willing to finance you. 

^^^Exactly. No income = no loan.

Message 5 of 8
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

I'm surprised that you're surprised you got declined. An income is pretty much the #1 thing you need for any kind of loan.

Message 6 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@DrZoidberg wrote:

I'm surprised that you're surprised you got declined. An income is pretty much the #1 thing you need for any kind of loan.

Yes. The lender wants to know the source and amount of your ability to repay the loan. Credit is only one aspect for qualifying. Income and current debt are critical too. After all, how would you repay a loan if you have no income?

Message 7 of 8
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@DrZoidberg wrote:

^ This.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.