Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford /Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford /Credit

I've talked to a few people on here guesstimating, but I have a question.  I'm pretty sure ford uses EX credit report.

My Fico EX: 634 EX fico 2: 665 EX auto 8: 649 EX auto 2: 668

My question is. Would I be better off trying to get financing through Ford at a dealership or try for Ford credit online to get approved?

Or would it matter?

Trying to beat my capital one preapproval of 6.95%-7.19% for financing for 72 months

Thanks for the answers

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Ford /Credit

Through the dealer.  A dealer with a good finance department can try to get that tier bumped.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply sccredit.  I liv in the Houston area and there are a bunch of ford dealers.  How do i find out how good the finance dept is?  I know that may be hard to answer

Message 3 of 4
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've talked to a few people on here guesstimating, but I have a question.  I'm pretty sure ford uses EX credit report.

My Fico EX: 634 EX fico 2: 665 EX auto 8: 649 EX auto 2: 668

My question is. Would I be better off trying to get financing through Ford at a dealership or try for Ford credit online to get approved?

Or would it matter?

Trying to beat my capital one preapproval of 6.95%-7.19% for financing for 72 months

Thanks for the answers

To answer your question about using the Ford Credit Online application...

I figured if I was approved by Ford Credit online that the dealer would not need to pull my credit again...well the ford dealer still had to put the application in with Ford Credit at time of purchase. Even though I had the approval letter in my hand with the codes and everything.  Was Tier 1 with 0% and $0 down.

So basically it's a waste of a HP to use the online application.  The only benefit is knowing ahead of time that you will be approved.  But there will be a 2 HP done at the dealership to process the sale...at least in my case.

And no, the dealer did not run my credit with any other finance company other than Ford.

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.