Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford First time buyer program

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ford First time buyer program

Hey I’m looking to get a new 2017 or 2018 Mustang. As far as my Fico score goes it’s currently average sitting at 635 but expect t to go up since I just paid off a credit card balance. One thing I’ve been told since my credit history is young it’s limited. But both jobs I work puts my gross monthly income at 2500 a month. I’m a college student so I have no bills being that I’m staying at home just paying the light bill which is about 200 a month. I currently have 3 student loans totaling about 11k but I don’t have to make any payments on those until six months after I graduate after Fall 2019. From you guys experience I just wanna know how likely am I to be approved by my lonely but if push comes to shove I should be able to get a co-signer but if so that I need a co-signer is there anyway after a certain amount of months can I just become the only person listed on the auto loan by proving that I can make the payments
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ford First time buyer program

Well mustang runs a pretty wide price range, so need to know how much you intend to finance and how much if any you intend to put down
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

1500 to 2500
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And 25k or 26k
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont doubt you can get financing, i would definitely cast a wide net to make sure you get the best rate. Start with cap 1 since you can get preapprooved with out a hard pull
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer and getting back to me In a timely manner
Message 6 of 8
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Your co-signer will be on the hook for the life of the loan unless you refi the loan in your name. I strongly recommend not getting a co-signer for an auto loan.
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I really don’t want to but that’s only if I don’t get approved by myself but if I do need a co-signer I’ll just refinance to just have my name on there
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.