Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GMAC 0% for 84 mos, deferred payments for 4 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

GMAC 0% for 84 mos, deferred payments for 4 months

This rolled out yesterday, Im not looking for a vehicle, but bored enough to start a conversation around it.

GM is offering 0% for 7 years (84 months) and four months deferred payments (on select vehicles) for those with "A+ Credit". Some ads say "with A+ Tier". Im asuming the 740+ score, but dealers have a way of tossing out any number they want for a Tier.

Of course they hold the cards with "A+ Tier".  Wonder what score that equates to when it applies to this offer?

5 REPLIES 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: GMAC 0% for 84 mos, deferred payments for 4 months

A lot of it depends on the dealership and who all they work with so it's not a standard if you hit 740 middle etc it will work for all those people.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

well its a GMAC offer, so I assume they are working with GMAC. 

Message 3 of 6
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Yes yes sorry I probably should have explained a little more if the dealership only works with GMAC and a few other lenders then they may have more strict tiers for their store vs someone that works with GMAC as well as 30+ etc.      While GMAC does have some standards yes usually higher the store has it's own standards as well which is a bit trickier.

Message 4 of 6
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

The 'tier' also fluctuates as well so it's again not a set in stone type thing although I wish it was lol....But I'm sure someone with a 750+ score would have no trouble either way more than likely I know it's not a 'gaurantee type thing to be X plus'

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a 762-784 (depending upon which Bureau and scoring model used).

I went yesterday to a local dealership.  Was told it kind of depends upon which route is better for me.  They said if I use the 0% deal, it changes the rebate programs they can use.  So, it would be possible to get a better deal and use non-0% financing.

Anyway, they didn't like my trade and shot over the moon.  Not sure I understand their thinking here, I'm well-qualified.  Times must be pretty grim for car dealers at the moment with COVID 19 taking  foothold in the world.  But, I walked.  Will see what the future holds.  Probably not the best time to be purchasing a vehicle anyway.  Too many unanswered questions.

Peace!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.