Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High interest rate on my auto loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

High interest rate on my auto loan

Hi everyone,

I have a auto loan from almost 2 years now with a 20% interest on it, at the time I was getting the car I didn't knew much about interest rate and all that...but, now I will be applying for 2 or 3 Cc so, my question is will there be any side effects for getting approved for my new Cc? Do they take into consideration on how much interest I am paying on my auto loan? All the payements are 100% on time.
3 REPLIES 3
CramEiko
Established Contributor

Re: High interest rate on my auto loan

If you pay off your vehicle early is it really a 20% loan?

I believe that your personal track record of on time payments means far more to banks than other banks interests rates do. I'm sure others will post with more efficiant information for you.

Good Luck!

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 2 of 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

The auto loan just shows up on your credit report payment history - the "terms" as far as interest rate does not (starting balance, payments, current balance does). Having a 2 year on time payment history on an "installment type" account is a net positive factor - the auto loan on time factor will help your credit report. That being said, if I were you I would refinance the auto loan and get out of that blood-sucking 20% interest rate as soon as possible. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all so much, I am looking forward to refinance my car loan soon with penfed at the same time will app a Cc 😉
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.