cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long does it take for Penfed to send out auto loan check?

tag
mixedracebaby

How Long does it take for Penfed to send out auto loan check?

Hi all. recently got approved for a car loan with PenFed. I had a recent bankruptcy and they were the only Credit Union that would approve me.

after getting the buyers order from the dealer, i submitted everything through their loan site only to find that they intend to send me the check. I called in and asked if they could overnight the check or do some express type delivery and the rep said no they don't do that. just said 5-7 days.

What are other's experiences with getting the check? did it come sooner, or later?

Edit: For anyone who sees this in the future wondering the same thing, my check came in about 5 business days.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: How Long does it take for Penfed to send out auto loan check?

My auto loan experience with PenFed was 8 years ago but they overnighted it automatically. 

Message 2 of 7
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@mixedracebaby wrote:

Hi all. recently got approved for a car loan with PenFed. I had a recent bankruptcy and they were the only Credit Union that would approve me.

after getting the buyers order from the dealer, i submitted everything through their loan site only to find that they intend to send me the check. I called in and asked if they could overnight the check or do some express type delivery and the rep said no they don't do that. just said 5-7 days.

What are other's experiences with getting the check? did it come sooner, or later?

I requested my check be overnighted to me last year and they obliged.  I got the check by 10AM the next morning and gave it to the dealer that evening.

Message 3 of 7
dunn2500
Established Contributor

same here......over nighted and they waved the fee, $20 to make a cpl of k in interest seems fair to them, lol

Message 4 of 7
805orbust
Valued Contributor

I've done 2 with Penfed and it's always within 2 or 3 days.

Message 5 of 7
7774x
Established Contributor

@mixedracebaby wrote:

Fastest , safer way is overnight  delivery ... Regular US Mail not worth the risk .  especially if vehicle purchase  just waiting for check

Message 6 of 7
Jimmy7mendoza
Established Member

Ok this was my expierence this past March of 2022 for my Tesla purchase. I had 3-4 days to take delivery, but the check was going to take a week to get to me. I had to CHCA (Call hangup Call again Smiley LOL ) and tell my story how i needed it the next day until I found the right person that would offer me the next day FedEx, after about 5 CHCA I finally got an old sweet lady to handle it for me and got it the next day. I also told them I would drive to the nearest branch which was San Diego (I was in LA) to personally pick it up, but was denied. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.