cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for a finance company to call and want to refinance your auto?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it normal for a finance company to call and want to refinance your auto?

We had a message left on our machine this evening from Wells Fargo, which is where our car is financed.  We tried to call the local office back but they were closed for the evening.  We called the main 800 number and were told that nothing was wrong with our account but that they were calling to see if we would like to refinance for a lower rate and payment.  Is that normal?  We have had the car and been paying on time payments for close to a year.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it normal for a finance company to call and want to refinance your auto?

Sounds very fishy ...... loan companies normally don't contact borrowers for refinancing unless it makes money for the lender, especially on a car loan.  Tread carefully.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know someone who received a similar Wells Fargo call about 5 or 6 years ago, only in this case, it was to refinance a mortgage at a lower rate.  My friend told me about it, and I too was very suspicious.  However, he went ahead and contacted the number provided, and it turned out to be legitimate.  He ended up with a significantly lower mortgage rate!   

I don't blame you for being suspicious, though. 
Message 3 of 4
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Just check it out you never know! They may have been doing a review of your account! Who knows!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.