Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinda Frustrated

tag
Roadgeek395
Regular Contributor

Kinda Frustrated

I've been working on my credit for 3 years and I really started to become a credit nerd. I am about to apply for an auto loan with my local credit Union and I've been emailing the loan officer. I really wanted to know what FICO scoring model they used for auto loans and all she could tell me was FICO score through experience. I asked her to be more specific and she said she didn't have that information. Is that normal? Maybe it's wrong of me to think they have those details...

6 REPLIES 6
FICOlearner123
Regular Contributor

Re: Kinda Frustrated

DId the officer share any discolsure or indicate which bureau then will run the credit check with? Some egenral information FICO Auto Scores. There are multiple versions of the industry-specific FICO® Auto Score, which is created specifically for auto lenders. The FICO Auto Scores are based on a generic FICO® Score, and then the score is altered to better predict a person's likelihood of repaying an auto loan on time. Your history with auto loans could be especially important in determining your FICO® Auto Scores.

Goal Cards
Message 2 of 7
blindambition
Senior Contributor

You can get your Experian scores from myFICO and Experian, they both have options for full range of Experian FICO score models. Experian doesn't provide FICO 9 score, but myFICO does.

Not all lenders will use same model. 

Message 3 of 7
Roadgeek395
Regular Contributor

All she said was they pull from Experian. I just wish she had more specific information. I currently have a membership with Experian so I know my FICO auto score 2 and 8. I think it's just the nerd side of me that wants specifics 

Message 4 of 7
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@Roadgeek395 wrote:

All she said was they pull from Experian. I just wish she had more specific information. I currently have a membership with Experian so I know my FICO auto score 2 and 8. I think it's just the nerd side of me that wants specifics 

I got the same rsponse when I asked USAA about a year ago.  The CSR said Experian and when I asked him if it was "Auto Fico 8 or just Fico 8?" there was a long pause and he said "he didn't know".

Message 5 of 7
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I think most reps at most companies don't have a clue, unfortunately. 

Message 6 of 7
dunn2500
Established Contributor

agree, or even salesman at auto dealerships as well....

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.