cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to refinance auto after 12 on time payments.

tag
Cici1957
Valued Member

Looking to refinance auto after 12 on time payments.

I am currently paying 16.49 % interest on a 2014 Hyundai Sante Fe. I have made 11 on time payments. Current Fico 8 score is 593. I need to get my credit score to 630 with probable new lender to get 10% and to 660 for 7%. I need to do this before the end of December to get 48 month financing. 

I have one Capital One CC 300 limit. Charged 80.00 first month, paid on time, 81.00 due by Sept. 23. Will pay it on time. I just got a loan for $1000.00 to pay bills from the same lender. First payment due Oct. 28th. 

Any suggestions/ideas are very welcomed.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Re: Looking to refinance auto after 12 on time payments.

Suggest you post a thread in the Rebuilding credit forum asking how to raise your scores.  Make sure you mention all your negative items on your credit reports: account information (amount still owed, number of lates, last time you paid it, etc),  collections, BK, chargeoffs.

Because to have a score as low as yours, you clearly still have negative items that haven't been taken care of and thus your scores aren't going to improve much until they are, despite some recent positive credit activity.

Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 2 of 4
Cici1957
Valued Member

Thank you for your advice!

Message 3 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

I would check out a local CU.  Take a copy of your CR to them and see if they would give you an idea.  They may want you to apply but if they don't you have a better idea where you stand and possibly what scores they do want to get a better rate with them.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.