Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercedes Benz Financing Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mercedes Benz Financing Approval Odds

Looking to finance a 2020 G-Wagon. Previously had a 2012 that was totaled by a valet driver in my previous building. From what I understand MBF pulls TU 8. I just started building credit October 2019. Purchased a 360k home in April 2020 and July 2020 financed a car for my mother with a balance of 17k. 

Fico 8 scores: TU 707 EXP 704 EQU 679

Annual Income 200k

22k limit over 5 credit cards (two which I'm an authorized user) UTI 10% 

12 recent inquiries from financing that car in July 2020.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Re: Mercedes Benz Financing Approval Odds

@Anonymous  I mean at first looks you would probably get approved but your income maybe an issue. G-Wagon price is normally arround 100K and your financing something that half of your gross income. You probably would have a pretty significant DP if you try to finance you may have better luck leasing it or just looking at something a bit cheaper. But you can always reach out to a dealer and have then run the application and see if you get approved or not.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That's good to know my ex fiancée financed the previous one with a 780 credit score and no mortgage and made around the same back then. I'll give it a shot since I thought the 2012 would be my forever car. I also have 2018 Audi Q3 with no payments. I'm also willing to put down 20k leftover from the insurance payout of the 2012.

Message 3 of 10
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  Personally I would keep the 20K and Q3 with no payments and it get your  scores up some more to improve approval odds.

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I was approved today for financing or lease of my choice 2020 or 2021 Tier A. TU 707 

Message 5 of 10
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: I was approved today for financing or lease of my choice 2020 or 2021 Tier A. TU 707 

Congratulations!  Is that your Auto score or normal Fico?  I'm actually looking to finance or lease (15k miles/year) a C63S AMG next year possibly.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

FICO 8 my auto score is 21 points lower. 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! G-Wagon is my ultimate dream ride.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations did they tell you when the 2021 would be available and did they require a down payment?

@Anonymous wrote:

FICO 8 my auto score is 21 points lower. 

Message 9 of 10
355F1
Contributor

Was the loan over $100k?

That is where interest rates seem to rise and most banks won't lend above.

Obvouisly, manufacturer finance will. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.