Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorcycle Refinance

tag
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Motorcycle Refinance

I am looking to refinance my husbands newly purchased 2017 motorcycle. His credit score puled by the dealership was 748, no baddies. He got a rate of 9.8%.
Does anyone know of a lender or credit union that offers decent rates? Our local CU offers a 9.8%.
Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Motorcycle Refinance

Have you checked other credit unions in your area? Our local one has rates on their website for the same as auto loans. My husband is in the market and just told me he saw them just over 3% at ours. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know motorcycle financing rates are always higher than cars so I took a peek at the Penfed site, they are charging 6.49%.  It is easy enough to join them so I would give them a shot, also take a look at DCU and if he or you are veterans or have a family member who is with Navy Federal they are fantastic also.  Those three are the go to credit unions for auto financing so I am sure their rates are among the best for motorcycles also.  Make sure your hubby wears a helmet. I was a paramedic back in the day and I am still haunted by those guys who chose not to wear a helmet.

Message 3 of 5
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the info! He just got a helmet today and it is a must.
Message 4 of 5
Its_Me
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the advice - hopefully I can find another credit union with decent rates! I just checked DCU as I have a car loan through them and it looks like their motorcycle rates are just as high as what we currently have.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.