Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto Refi Approval

tag
A1Credit
Established Contributor

NFCU Auto Refi Approval

Hi all!

I did a search but could not find the specific answer so I decided to just start a thread.  I am in the process of opening a membership account with NFCU and I would like to know which scoring model they use to determine approval and rate for auto refinance.  I was able to determine that Equifax will most likely be pulled but I wanted to know if they use auto specific scores.  

One more question, after opening when do they require proof of veteran kinship?  The vet record for my family member has been requested but it is not here yet.  Should I wait to apply?  

***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Auto Refi Approval

I did app for auto refi today. I am a recent new member, as of a week ago. From my alerts today it seems like they pulled TU. I'm in NY.

I'm currently sitting at review in process status on the app.

Message 2 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info.  I'm in the south so I'm not sure if it will be TU for me.  Is it the auto fico score?  

Good luck on your refinance although I'm sure you won't need it. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did get an EQ alert as well. I just joined recently however and never got a membership pull, so i don't know if applying they did a pull for the loan and membership as to why the 2 bureau's.  I am still holding with a status of Review in Process. It's just been a day so far. Heck it's not a NO at this point so still hopeful.

Message 4 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I did get an EQ alert as well. I just joined recently however and never got a membership pull, so i don't know if applying they did a pull for the loan and membership as to why the 2 bureau's.  I am still holding with a status of Review in Process. It's just been a day so far. Heck it's not a NO at this point so still hopeful.

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully you will hear something soon.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Credit wrote:

Hi all!

I did a search but could not find the specific answer so I decided to just start a thread.  I am in the process of opening a membership account with NFCU and I would like to know which scoring model they use to determine approval and rate for auto refinance.  I was able to determine that Equifax will most likely be pulled but I wanted to know if they use auto specific scores.  

One more question, after opening when do they require proof of veteran kinship?  The vet record for my family member has been requested but it is not here yet.  Should I wait to apply?  

They will 99% of the time pull TU for membership and then use the Equifax auto score to look at the refi application.  

Message 6 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

Hi all!

They will 99% of the time pull TU for membership and then use the Equifax auto score to look at the refi application.  

Thank you!  I thought I would have received more responses.  Which Equifax auto score?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

Hi all!

Thank you!  I thought I would have received more responses.  Which Equifax auto score?

I'm not a 100% sure but if I had to venture a guess it would be the Equifax Score 5 based on 04 FICO.  

Edit - Did some research and it appears that they may just use the non auto enhanced version of the Score 5

Message 8 of 15
A1Credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

Hi all!

I'm not a 100% sure but if I had to venture a guess it would be the Equifax Score 5 based on 04 FICO.  

Edit - Did some research and it appears that they may just use the non auto enhanced version of the Score 5

Thanks again.  So would it be the plain Equifax Score 5?  Not the mortgage, car or credit card score?  I get confused between them all.  Let me check to see what my score is for that particular version.

Okay so my EQ Fico 5 score is 642.  How do you think I would fair with NFCU?  I'm trying to determine if this is all worth it.  

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@A1Credit wrote:

Hi all!

Thanks again.  So would it be the plain Equifax Score 5?  Not the mortgage, car or credit card score?  I get confused between them all.  Let me check to see what my score is for that particular version.

Okay so my EQ Fico 5 score is 642.  How do you think I would fair with NFCU?  I'm trying to determine if this is all worth it.  

Sorry for late response.  Yes, if that is the case, then it would be plain Score 5, not any enhanced version.  I think you'll be fine if you arent buried in the car that you're trying to refi

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.