Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Auto Refi...

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

NFCU Auto Refi...

Just submitted an app, and it says I'm conditionally approved....calling now.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: NFCU Auto Refi...

Needed to verify payoff....it's pending final approval. Smiley Happy

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 2 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Whoo hoo, crossing my fingers for an excellent rate.  They were able to verify payoff via three way call with me

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 10
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!! Just did a refi with NFCU also.

*8/10/13
Message 4 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Just got the text a few minutes ago...

"Great news! Your loan is approved & your documents will be mailed to you , as requested."

Not sure of the terms, but anything will be better than what I currently have. The CU that I've been financing through on my past 3 vehicles has been working with me which is great, and even approved me when my score were in the mid-500s, but I would get crappy aprs (currently 10.95%). Not to mention I found out that they don't even report!! I tried for several to get them to report my payment history for the past several years on my different vehicles, but they said they couldn't b/c then they would have to report every customers loans and that is too costly for them.

So either way this will be a win for me...another approval, better rate (i would hope), and an auto loan finally reporting for the first time since 2007.

So since I've joined NFCU in December 2012. They have approved me for: cashRewards $10k, Platinum MC $2k, NAVchek $15k, and now an auto refi for ~$29k.  How awesome is that!!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 5 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

Just got the text a few minutes ago...

"Great news! Your loan is approved & your documents will be mailed to you , as requested."

Not sure of the terms, but anything will be better than what I currently have. The CU that I've been financing through on my past 3 vehicles has been working with me which is great, and even approved me when my score were in the mid-500s, but I would get crappy aprs (currently 10.95%). Not to mention I found out that they don't even report!! I tried for several to get them to report my payment history for the past several years on my different vehicles, but they said they couldn't b/c then they would have to report every customers loans and that is too costly for them.

So either way this will be a win for me...another approval, better rate (i would hope), and an auto loan finally reporting for the first time since 2007.

So since I've joined NFCU in December 2012. They have approved me for: cashRewards $10k, Platinum MC $2k, NAVchek $15k, and now an auto refi for ~$29k.  How awesome is that!!

You can call and ask rate Smiley Very Happy

FICO 9:

Message 6 of 10
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

blah!

Got my rate, and not too impressed. 7.49%. Oh well...guess I can alway refinance it again in the future.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 7 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

blah!

Got my rate, and not too impressed. 7.49%. Oh well...guess I can alway refinance it again in the future.

Check USAA as well. They may have better rates since they are in the car insurance business.

FICO 9:

Message 8 of 10
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

blah!

Check USAA as well. They may have better rates since they are in the car insurance business.

+1

Get the two companies competing.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 9 of 10
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@ Dustink, I like your thinking! In fact, that is my plan for next year.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.