Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and 2 auto loans?

tag
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

NFCU and 2 auto loans?

Recently I applied for a received an used auto loan approval for $10k more than my original ask amount. Only used the original requested amount of $44k even though I did accept the whole amount offered just in case. This was my first auto loan through NFCU and it was super easy. 

We are considering replacing our other vehicle and im curious if anyone here has applied for and was granted a 2nd auto loan with NFCU? If so was it any different than the first one? how far apart did you apply for the 2nd loan? We are not stranger's to having 2 open auto loans at one time and have had it several times with brand new vehicles as well.

For DP's only been with NFCU for about 5 months at this point. We have moved both our direct deposits over to them, Have Flagship Checking, of course the savings and 2 Certificates so far with them.

We do have another small local credit union that we have been with for years that we can use also if NFCU wont do 2 but figured it would be much easier having them both at the same institution. 

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB INVESTOR CARD $28,900 CL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX EVERYDAY PREFERRED CARD $1100 CL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $40,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/

SOCK DRAWERED & SOON TO CLOSE / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lashaun3
Established Member

Re: NFCU and 2 auto loans?

I currently have 2 auto loans with them, one was 7/22 and the 2nd 9/22. Same easy process for both and I'm the sole borrower. 

Message 2 of 4
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

Recently I applied for a received an used auto loan approval for $10k more than my original ask amount. Only used the original requested amount of $44k even though I did accept the whole amount offered just in case. This was my first auto loan through NFCU and it was super easy. 

We are considering replacing our other vehicle and im curious if anyone here has applied for and was granted a 2nd auto loan with NFCU? If so was it any different than the first one? how far apart did you apply for the 2nd loan? We are not stranger's to having 2 open auto loans at one time and have had it several times with brand new vehicles as well.

For DP's only been with NFCU for about 5 months at this point. We have moved both our direct deposits over to them, Have Flagship Checking, of course the savings and 2 Certificates so far with them.

We do have another small local credit union that we have been with for years that we can use also if NFCU wont do 2 but figured it would be much easier having them both at the same institution. 

It shouldnt be a issue if your DTI is in order and your income supports the 2nd loan!

Message 3 of 4
LakeLife
Established Contributor

I have three auto loans with NFCU.  The most recent was for an 11 year old Fiat at the beginning of 2023.  The other two were both new purchases.  (2020, 2022)  As long as your finances are in order, you'll be fine with two.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.