Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU auto refinance data points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU auto refinance data points

Anybody willing to share their data points for NFCU auto loan refinance approvals? I'm looking to refinance a $20k payoff for a 2016 Ford. Currently have around a 600 score. I'm currently paying $500/mo, but the NFCU calculator said they could possibly get it cut in half if I refinance with them.

I'm actively trying to get my credit report cleaned up and didn't know at what point I should start looking at refinancing. 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: NFCU auto refinance data points

Here's a good thread. Maybe start at last page and work backwards?

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Auto-Loans/Auto-Loan-Approvals/td-p/252350

Message 2 of 5
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

20k balance is $250 per month for 80 months without any interest.

You may save $100 per month depending on APR, but it won't be cut in half.

What is your current interest rate?  What is the Navy interest rate?

GL!

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved on today. Mind you I applied for a Cash Rewards card a week ago and was denied. They pulled my Transunion credit report. My scores are as follows:

FICO 8 717

FICO 4 (Auto) 660

FICO 9 689

they approved me for 11.59%, still high but better than 19.8% with Capital One. My payments went from $614 to $153.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 5
dunn2500
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved on today. Mind you I applied for a Cash Rewards card a week ago and was denied. They pulled my Transunion credit report. My scores are as follows:

FICO 8 717

FICO 4 (Auto) 660

FICO 9 689

they approved me for 11.59%, still high but better than 19.8% with Capital One. My payments went from $614 to $153.

Hope this helps!

thats not right....600 to 100 on 8pts, no way.....even 19% to 0% wouldnt be that much......from 17% to 8% was only 700 to 500 for me......unless you stretched out the terms 3 years longer or something

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.